Monday 18 April 2011

The Sarah Michelle Gellar Chronicles

The Sarah Michelle Gellar Chronicles




Hi there Homosapiens been a while, but hey you need to check out my other blog to find out what has been keeping me from you all (Just ask if you can't find it by yourself (Marbie smile) So here I look at some of my DVD collection from Ms Sarah Michelle Gellar.  So here are a few films and my thoughts obviously on them and I can only ask, but why not follow me. That way i know if you enjoy this Movie blog of mine, I know some of you enjoy my Mind on my other blog and thank you so much. So here goes the first film...................

I know what you did last summer 1997:

The Plot:
Four teen are in grave danger a year after their car hits a stranger in the middle of the night whose body they decide to dump in the sea.

Sarah's role in this one was some what disappointing, only because she didn't get the lead role. She obviously likes playing haunted, horror like film roles which is no surprise since she did make it big from the start of her “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” hit show in 1996 (I was like who is this sexy she-beast). The film it's self is not one of the most original and in saying that it seemed to be a competition film with the starting of the Scream franchise. Yes Horror teen films in the nighties were a hit with everyone aged 12 and up (I was a bad Marbie watching these before my time I know) The film has with me become a cult classic in my house hold, one of those DVDs you just don't lend out unless you don't want to see it again (You know who you are, you DVD fiends) leading us to our next SMG film














Scream 2 1997:

The Plot:
Two years after the bloody events of the first film, a new set of psychopaths don the "Ghost face" costume and a new string of murders begin.

Now as we witnessed in the first film this second instalment see the lovely Jada Pinket smith die at the beginning as a crowd of movie seers laugh and banter thinking its all just as joke, while watching the Ironically named film “Stab” (film in film, based upon the event of the first Scream film) Sarah's role again is small but is larger than what you would expect, or until the story unravels itself (If you haven't seen he Scream films I'll try not to give to much away. Cici = Casey (Sarah) is also a student in Randy's film class and becomes involved in a discussion about sequels. Later that same night whilst watching films and talking on the phone to her friend, she gets the dreaded call from “The Voice”, now only the dead and some of the stars know what the voice sounds like, so it's no surprise Cici just thinks it's her drunken jock boy-friend. Well again Sarah dies, but a good death (If any can be good). I laughed just before the end f the scene and you see one of the film crew's hands pop up to catch her as she is thrown over the balcony.... (Will find this on youtube I hope). Why does Cici die in this film? Is is her link to Sydney (Neve Cambell, the Star)



















Cruel Intentions 1999:

The Plot:
School girl Kathryn (Sarah) makes a bet that her step-brother, Sebastian (Ryan Phillipe), won't be able to bed Annette (a virgin, who wants to wait until love played by the once real life wife Reese Weatherspoon). If he loses, Kathryn gets his Jaguar, if he wins, he gets Kathryn. Geller's roll made me see her in a new dirty good way.
Watching this film set of my most mischievous ways from the jump off. I'm that type of movie watcher that tends to take everything in and where there be a minor fault in the plot, I in turn change that flaw in my own life and set out to wreak havoc (Professional only need apply). Theres something about scheming I like and the films tone is perfect and pulled off so well that it is hard to believe that upper class folk don't act the way they have been portrayed in the film. From horse back riding and shoot clay discs, sounds fun to me especially with all the money behind them. The end is as much as a shock as everything else that goes on in the story (and many a times have I had to cross my legs to prevent blood flow in particular parts of my anatomy, sexy scene are steamy). Less I forget, the film also co-stars one of my favourite female actresses other than Sarah, Ms Selma Blair, who pulls of a great ignorant naive roll.












Scooby Doo 2002:
The Plot:
After an acrimonious break up, the Mystery Inc. gang are individually brought to an island resort to investigate strange goings on and settle their differences.
Such light hearted comedy for the kids, who would have thought Sarah had it in her, from looking at the previous talked about films. She plays the obvious role of Daphne and plays it well. I'm not sure what it is about Sarah, but she really does play those girlyScooby and the Gang (Funny that the Gang in Buffy are also self nicknamed “The Scooby gang”) Her performance was good to watch after accepting the fact she is a different character and as a fan if I'm going to truly accept her craft I have to see her in different roles (Although all the gang apart from Scooby, Shaggy and Velma, only leaving Fred and Daphne (Marbie smile), act very oddly compare to the old T.V cartoon show I was used to watching)(I didn't like the writers choose of character change). I have this film and damn right am proud to say I own it (Plus it shuts any fucking kid up for at least an hour whenI got house work to do).











Buffy The Vampire Slayer 1996-2003:
The plot:
After the traumatizing ordeal in the movie with the same name, Buffy Summers and her mother move to Sunnydale, only to discover that L.A. was just a walk in the pebbled walk in the park. Teenage Buffy now faces more evil in her life than she had ever imagined through out the series seeing her grow and become much wiser throughout the series. And into a beautiful Woman she becomes. Challenges and death are in Buffy's path to overcoming evil.
Now what can I say..... Any Homosapien that knows me would expect me to go on and on about this series (Although not a film, but it had to be added and it's my blog not yours) But to be serious I don't think I can say anything that amounts to the sheer pure greatness that Joss Whedon and the Cast of Buffy created. I can say that the series helped me through many struggles in my life. The show was not just about a girl, with strength, that tackles the supernatural (And sometime natural) evil of the world, it too concentrates on the facts o f life, growing up, school, sex, drugs and so on. Too many people don't understand why I loved and still watch the series back 2 back even now (Watching series 5 right now). It reflected me and I'm sure it will reflect any Homosapien from any background. “The hardest thing in life is to live”. (Get the series now and join the Scooby Gang).



  








TMNT 2007:
The Plot:
The continued adventures of the four teenage mutated turtles gifted in the art of the ninja (Gifted? Nah Trained), as they attempt to stop a mysterious evil that threatens to end the world. CGI animated film.
One of many Voice acting jobs Sarah has embarked on, as April O'Neil. April is good friend of the turtles and Casey’s girlfriend and was one of the best news reporters in the city. (I won't spoil for the kids and those who haven't seen yet) It took me some time to actually hear her voice as without a face it seems a voice can really change (Especially if your in character I suppose) I like the film but to be honest I only watched due to me being a fan of Sarah, a massive fan. It did however bring back the fond memories of me as a child with some new depth I, we weren't able to see in the 2D animations. Great job on the team who animated and voiced it.











Veronika Decides to Die 2009:
The Plot:
The story centres on Veronika, a woman in her mid twenties who appears to have everything: good looks (DUH!), good job and a great life ahead of her. Yet she decides to end her own life. She is unsuccessful and awakens in a mental hospital where she learns that she a short time to live. However in the hospital she meets people who are only 'insane' because they don't always follow society's rules (I think I've been there like twice now). With little left to lose, Veronika embarks on a journey on which she frees herself to experience relationships and emotions and ultimately discovers what it means to live.
Now only watched this film once and half way through and I still haven't figured out what I like about it. All I know is that at the beginning of the film it seem Sarah returns to her Buffy role for some inspiration on how to act absent minded, which she pulls off so freaking well. I guess I will have to watch the in's and out's of this film a few more times. As I like to watch every head, eyes, finger movement of an actor and every change of scene and the sense of being their you sometimes get when watching films. Half way there.




  



Well Homosapiens this is the last film of the SMG (Sarah Michelle Gellar) Chronicles, unless you want more. Hmmm, may have to do more chronicles in the future.

1 comment: